Simply Energy: Offers, Contact Information, Reviews
Simply Energy, Australian retail subsidiary of French company Engie, offers services to more than 700,000 customers in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, and Western Australia. Read on for more information about Simply Energy and what they have to offer, or discover all of Australia's energy providers with Selectra.
About Simply Energy
Simply Energy, a subsidiary of French company Engie, was first founded in 2005. Simply Energy provides gas and electricity to homes in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, and Western Australia. Currently, Simply Energy sales total 12% of the energy market in Australia.
Gas and Electricity Offers with Simply Energy
Simply Energy provides gas and electricity service to customers in Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, and Western Australia. Plans vary greatly in offers, depending on where you live, but all customers are eligible to the standard market offer. Not all plans are available to all regions and states, and offers may vary by postal code within states.
In addition to the benefits that come with each plan, Simply Energy holds drawings and contents where customers can win additional EFTPOS credit.
Simply Energy Offers Available in Victoria
Customers in Victoria have the option to choose between three Simply Energy electricity plans: Simply Plus, Simply RACV Plus, and Simply Gold Class Plus. All these plans are ongoing, with no lock-in contract, so you don’t need to worry about benefit periods.
- Simply Plus - competitive electricity rates, plus $50 first anniversary electricity credit
- Simply RACV Plus for RACV members - competitive electricity rates, plus $150 first anniversary electricity credits, and $50 additional electricity credits every year after
- Simply Gold Class Plus - competitive energy rates, plus up to 8 Village Cinema Gold Class movie tickets per year
Offers Available in South Australia with Simply Energy
Simply Energy offers both gas and electricity to customers in South Australia, which come in two plan options: Simply Low Rates, and Simply RAA. Both plans are ongoing, with no lock-in contract, and offer discounts for electricity off the reference price.
- Simply Low Rates - discount off the electricity reference price, plus ongoing benefits, available for both gas and electricity
- Simply RAA for RAA members - discount off the electricity referenced price, plus $50 off first electricity or gas bill
Simply Energy Offers Available in New South Wales
New South Wales customers have the choice between two Simply Energy plans for gas or electricity: Simply Low Rates, or Simply NRMA. Both plans offer a percentage off the electricity reference price (depending on your postal code), with no lock-in contracts, and ongoing benefits.
- imply Low Rates - discount off the electricity reference price, plus ongoing benefits, for both gas and electricity
- Simply NRMA for NRMA members - $50 off first gas or electricity bill, plus ongoing benefits including a discount off the reference price
Solar Panels? Customers in South Australia can use their eligible solar batteries to join the South Australian Virtual Power Plant (VPP). This includes a 15c/kWh feed-in-tariff, and up to $5,100 VPP access credits. To be eligible, customers will need to have an approved solar energy storage system, live in South Australia, have a solar PV system with a minimum 3kW inverter, have reliable internet, and have a smart meter.
Simply Energy Offers Available in Queensland
Customers of Simply Energy in Queensland have three options for energy: Simply Plus, Simply RACQ Plus, and Simply Movies Plus. All plans come with ongoing benefits and no lock-in contract, at a discount off the reference price.
- Simply Plus - Discount off the electricity reference price, plus $30 energy credit every year
- Simply RACQ Plus for RACQ members - Discount off the electricity referenced price, plus $160 first anniversary credit, and $ 60-anniversary credit each year thereafter
- Simply Movies Plus - Discount off the electricity reference price, plus either an additional 8 Event Cinemas tickets or 4 Gold Class movie tickets each year.
Offers Available in Western Australia from Simply Energy
Western Energy customers serviced by Simply Energy have two gas plans available: Simply Plus and Simply Movies Plus. These two plans come with pay on time discounts, with a 24 month benefit period.
- Simply Plus - Up to 40% discount if you pay on time
- Simply Movies Plus - Up to 15% off gas usage charges if you pay on time, plus either 16 Event Cinemas traditional movie tickets or 8 Gold Class tickets per year with the ability to mix and match which tickets you want, and $50 credit when you sign up online
Contact Simply Energy
Residential customers can contact Simply Energy by phone or email. To call Simply Energy customer service, you can use one of the numbers below:
|Enquiry||Phone Number||Hours Available|
|Sales||1800 009 141||8am - 7pm weekdays
10am - 2pm Saturdays
|Customer Service||13 88 08||8am - 7pm weekdays|
|International Number||+61 3 8843 0637||8am - 7pm weekdays|
|Interpretation Service||1300 408 265||8am - 7pm weekdays|
Customers can also email Simply Energy for any written requests including adding an extra contact or adding a signatory to your account.
Customers can also send any forms by post to:
PO Box 210
Balwyn VIC 3103
How to Subscribe to Simply Energy
Customers can subscribe to Simply Energy online. If customers have any questions about signing up with Simply Energy, you can call Simply Energy sales team at 1800 009 141.
Looking to Change?
Existing customers of Simply Energy can fill out a moving form in order to move house with Simply Energy. For customers moving house within 5 business days, call 13 88 08 for a special meter reading.
New customers moving house and looking to sign up with Simply Energy in their new house when signing up online.
Cooling off Period Australian residents who sign up for a new energy service are legally entitled to a 10-business-day cooling-off period. During this time, customers can cancel their new plan for any reason without penalty. To cancel outside of the cooling-off period, dial 13 88 08.
How to Pay a Simply Energy Bill
Simply Energy has a simple way to pay: online by either credit card or PayPal. Customers can also set up direct debit online via Simply Energy My Account or by emailing or mailing a direct debit request form to:
PO Box 210
Balwyn VIC 3103
Reviews of Simply Energy
Simply Energy reviews are mixed, and one of the biggest complaints of customers is Simply Energy’s cold-calling and door-knocking practices, as well as billing issues.
- Unsolicited telemarketing and door-knocking - Simply Energy will often call from unregistered numbers, even when a customer is on a Do Not Call List
- Billing disputes - Customers cite billing issues that often go unresolved, as well as higher than average bills
- Good Discounts - Customers say the pay on time discounts available in some states offer up great discounts