While very few mobile phone providers in Australia offer plans with unlimited data, Felix Mobile is one of the handful that does. If you’re looking for a simple, prepaid, month-to-month, no-contract, mobile phone plan with unlimited data, continue reading below to find out more, and find out if Felix Mobile’s plan is right for you.
What is Felix Mobile?
Felix Mobile, based in Australia and first started in November 2020, is a new Australian telco owned by TPG.
Felix Mobile claims to be Australia’s first 100% renewable and carbon-neutral mobile phone provider, in addition to planting trees every month a customer stays with their plan.
Felix Mobile is owned by TPG and runs on the Vodafone 3G and 4G network. The Vodafone Network covers 96% of the Australian population. As of now, 5G is not available with Felix Mobile however, as the Vodafone 5G Network expands and improves, it can be expected to include more MVNOs in the future.
Felix Mobile Plans
Felix Mobile offers one, simple, prepaid mobile plan with unlimited data and a bunch of other features.
For $35 per month, customers get a prepaid, month-to-month phone plan with unlimited data and standard national calls and text on a no lock-in contract. Not only do you not need to worry about running out of data before the end of the month, but you are free to pause your plan or leave at any time.
Features included with your Felix Mobile plan are:
UNLIMITED DATA: Get unlimited data with up to 20Mbps download speeds. You can stream HD video and music, browse social media, and access your cloud storage.
UNLIMITED CALLS AND TEXT: Get unlimited standard calls, SMS, and MMS to mobiles, landlines, 13 & 18 numbers as well as voicemail.
HOTSPOT & TETHERING: Use your unlimited data as a personal hotspot for other devices, though this is not an acceptable substitute for home broadband.
CONTRACT: There is no lock-in contract so you can pause your plan or leave at any time.
PREPAID: While Felix Mobile is a prepaid mobile plan, their plan covers the entire month rather than 28 days like other prepaid mobile providers.
SAVE THE PLANET: Felix Mobile is 100% Renewable and carbon-neutral, and plants a tree for every month you keep your plan.
INTERNATIONAL CALLS & TEXT: For an additional $5 per month get unlimited international standard calls and text to over 40 selected destinations.
ROAMING: Add international roaming for an additional $20 to use over 365 days. This includes 4GB of data up to 20Mbps, 100 standard minutes, and 100 standard SMS to over 40 countries.
If you already have a Felix Mobile plan and want to add international calls and text and/or international roaming, you can manage these in your Felix Mobile app with your Felix account.
Sign Up for Your Felix Mobile Plan
Signing up for a Felix Mobile plan can be done in three easy steps:
- Either download the Felix Mobile app or sign up online
- Your Felix Mobile SIM card will be delivered for free in 1-3 business days
- Activate your Felix Mobile SIM using the Felix Mobile app
If you’re stuck in a contracted phone plan with another provider, but want to switch to Felix Mobile, you can fill out a form online with your name, email, and date your contract ends, and Felix Mobile will send you a reminder when your current contract is up.
How to Activate Your Felix Mobile SIM Card
Once your Felix Mobile SIM card is delivered to your address, you can log into the Felix Mobile app to begin the activation process.
NOTE: Don’t insert your Felix SIM card into your phone until it’s been activated through the app
To activate your Felix Mobile SIM card:
- Log into the Felix app & select Verify Email
- Take your SIM card and select Activate Your Felix SIM
- Use your camera to scan the SIM bar code located on the top of your SIM card
- Wait for the activation process to be completed
- Insert your Felix SIM card into your phone
How to Keep My Number With My Felix Mobile Plan
You can keep your current when you sign up for a Felix Mobile plan, and the transfer process is relatively simple.
To activate your Felix SIM while keeping your current number:
- Sign up for a Felix Mobile plan either online or through the Felix app
- Make sure you have the following: Whether your current plan is prepaid or postpaid, your current account number, and the account holder’s date of birth
- Wait for your Felix Mobile SIM card to be delivered
- Go to the Felix Mobile app and log in
- Verify the transfer with the six-digit code sent to your current mobile number via SMS
- Switch to Felix Mobile. This is done between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday from 10am to 6pm.
Transferring your number should take less than two hours but can take up until the end of the next business day. You might need to switch your phone off and on once the transfer is complete if your Felix Mobile service isn’t active straight away.
During the transfer process, you will be able to continue to use your current service until the transfer is complete. You will know the transfer has been successful when your current provider’s service no longer works on your phone.
Felix Mobile Billing & Recharge
Felix Mobile is a prepaid mobile phone service, that runs on a month-to-month billing cycle.
You will need to provide payment details when you sign up, and these payments details will be used to auto-recharge your service every month. Your first payment will not be deducted from your account until you activate your SIM card. You can update or change your payment details using your Felix Mobile account on the app.
Felix Mobile App
Your Felix account can be accessed by the Felix mobile app and, with the app, you can manage your Felix Mobile plan and service.
You can use your Felix Mobile app to:
- Purchase your Felix Mobile SIM card and plan, and activate your new SIM card once it’s delivered
- View your usage details
- Add extras including international call and text, and international roaming
- Change and update payment details
- Pause or cancel your Felix Mobile subscription
- Contact Felix Mobile through their live chat feature
- See Felix’s tree-planting progress and how many trees your subscription has planted
Felix Mobile Contact
As a predominantly online mobile phone provider, Felix Mobile doesn’t have a full call centre where customers can reach the Felix customer service team.
If you’re already a customer, the best way to contact Felix Mobile is through the Felix app, using their Live Chat feature. However, there are a few other ways to get in touch with Felix including email, and leaving a voicemail on their phone number.
- Felix customer service is available from:
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
- Weekends & Holidays: 9am - 6pm
Below are the additional ways you can contact Felix Mobile.
|Felix Contact Method||Felix Contact|
|Felix Live Chat on the Web||help.felixmobile.com.au|
|Felix Mobile Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leave a Voicemail for Felix||1300 801 956|
Felix Mobile Review - Is Felix Mobile Real?
Felix Mobile is a real mobile phone provider, and while they don’t exactly offer much in the way of variety, their one plan offers some great perks and features.
Perhaps the biggest advantage to Felix Mobile is their unlimited data offer, which isn’t something seen from most telcos in Australia. This unlimited data is restricted to 20Mbps download speed, which is a decent speed for most but if you’re someone with a 5G phone you might want to consider a different mobile plan with 5G Network access. For an environmentally-conscious Australian who doesn’t want to worry about a data-capped mobile plan, Felix Mobile could be a good option.
Felix Mobile Review
Felix Mobile Review: Pros
- Unlimited data
- No lock-in contract
- 100% renewable & carbon-neutral
- Additional, optional add-ons
Felix Mobile Review: Cons
- Speeds restricted to 20Mbps
- No 5G access
- Lacking plan variety and choice
Customers across the web seem to be in agreement that Felix Mobile is a good choice for a mobile plan and provider.
- Customers like the service Felix Mobile provides, both in terms of the customer service offered by the telco and the mobile service on their network.
- Customers cite their environmentally-friendly approach as one of the reasons for switching to Felix Mobile.
- Some customers cite difficulty with getting their service setup, however other customers say the Felix customer care team is able to resolve most issues quickly and easily.
As always, it’s important to do your own research before signing up for a mobile phone service. Not all networks are available in your area, so check your coverage before signing up for a plan.
Felix Mobile FAQ
How Fast is Felix Mobile?
Felix Mobile offers up to 20Mbps download speed with their unlimited data mobile plan. This is the maximum advertised speed, and factors such as location, device, and network congestion might affect your actual download speeds.
What Can I Do With 20Mbps Unlimited Data?
With 20Mbps download speed you can:
- Stream movies, videos, or music in HD
- Get HD video calling
- Scroll and browse social media, the web, and emails
- Hotspot a single personal device
- Download apps quickly
It’s important to note that some larger files or videos might take longer to download, and your Felix Mobile plan is not a replacement for home broadband. It should also be noted that your speeds may vary depending on location, device, and network congestion.
Can You Hotspot with Felix Mobile?
You can hotspot with Felix Mobile to a single, personal, device, but is probably not fast enough to tether multiple devices. Felix Mobile cannot be used as a replacement for home broadband, and cannot be used for tethering to other people’s devices. Felix Mobile Fair Use Policy applies.
Does Felix Have 5G?
Felix Mobile is owned by TPG Group, but uses the Vodafone Network. While the Vodafone 5G Network is expanding to include MVNOs such as Lebara, Felix Mobile does not yet have 5G Network access.
Is There a Felix Mobile Promo Code?
Felix Mobile often runs promo codes on their mobile plan, giving new customers the opportunity to try their first month free. In addition, Felix Mobile customers can refer friends and family to Felix, and both will receive a credit to their account.